Airspek - Dietsensor
Industry sectorsE_health Therapeutics Area Nutrition and Weight Loss Our innovative solution Pioneer in automatic nutrient tracking, DietSensor brings a new level of simplicity and accuracy to diet trackers, helping 1.4B overweight people including 166M americans. It analyses the food with a click of a button, using a micro scale and SCIO, the first molecular sensor that fits in a hand. Problem solved Counting is a first step toward behavior changes. DietSensor will sign the beginning of a new era of tools dedicated to nutrition tracking and coaching, providing an easy tool to 60% of the American adults who say that they try to track their diet but find declarative apps too inconvenient. Market segments Overweight / Obesity / Diabetes T1&2 / Wellness & healthy eating Key value proposition
- it offers an attractive user friendly meal logging experience, avoiding manual search in a database for most of the foods: the scanning user experience takes up to 10 times less clicks to log a food than a manual self declarative input method /
- spectrometry makes possible accurate analysis of homogeneous food and beverage, taking into account specific cooking and additive ingredient
- the food database and its models will respond accurately on any homogeneous food, even on home made dishes and beverages that do not have a nutritional label /
- DietSensor gives a lot of feedback on food quality and quantity while logging food, making possible immediate behavior changes before eating
Akrivis Technologies, LLC
Akrivis (www.akrivis.com) is a privately held biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA) and committed to the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of serious and life-threatening diseases. Its patented Z-TECT™ technology platform is in essence a versatile, high payload, sequentially targeted carrier system that provides: (1) ultrasensitive in vitro detection; (2) high resolution in vivo imaging; and (3) efficient and specific, sequentially targeted delivery of high drug payloads to targeted biomarkers with improved efficacy and safety. Beyond targeted therapies and theranostics for oncology, Akrivis has a core focus on children’s health with on-going projects in pediatric oncology (neuroblastoma and ALL with reduced off-target toxicity) as well as Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD).
Dr Joel BERNIACPresident, CEO and Co-Founder
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare diseases. Patients with these life-threatening diseases often have no effective treatment options, and they and their families suffer with little hope. Our goal is to deliver medical breakthroughs where none currently exist. We are driven because we know people's lives depend on our work.
Alexion developed Soliris® (eculizumab) from the laboratory through commercialization for the treatment of patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening, ultra-rare disorders. Today, Soliris is approved in nearly 50 countries for PNH and nearly 40 countries for aHUS. Download Soliris prescribing information.
As we continue to expand our operations into additional countries, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas. Alexion is establishing a premier global metabolic rare disease franchise with two potential therapies in late-stage development, Strensiq™ (asfotase alfa) for hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) for Lysosomal Acid Lipase Deficiency (LAL Deficiency, or LAL-D). Strensiq has been approved in the EU and Japan for the treatment of patients with HPP, and Kanuma has been approved in the EU for the treatment of patients with LAL-D. In addition, as the global leader in complement inhibition, we are strengthening and broadening our portfolio of complement inhibitors across diverse platforms, including evaluating potential indications for Soliris in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
Alexion was established in the U.S. in 1992 and became a public company in 1996 (NASDAQ: ALXN). We were added to the NASDAQ-100 Index in 2011 and to the Standard & Poor's 500 Index in 2012.
Our global headquarters and research operations are in Cheshire, Conn., and will move to New Haven, Conn. in 2015. Alexion's more than 2,800 employees serve patients in 50 countries.
Dr Bhagwagar ZubinExecutive Director
AlfaGene Bioscience Inc
AlfaGene is an innovative biotechnology company that uses its own novel proprietary cutting edge adult stem cell technology to create the only stem cell and non-transformed primary epithelial cell derived model of each segment of the entire gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Gastrointestinal diseases affect millions of people, young and old all across the globe and cause heavy economical consequences for nations around the world. In the United States alone, GI diseases consume over $22 billion health care dollars annually with treatments that are usually not curative but just symptom relieving. GI stem and epithelial cells are the main cellular component affected in the malignant transformation, inflammation, immune responses (e.g. autoimmune response), and disease of the GI tract, including:
colorectal cancer (CRC)
ulcerative colitis (UC)
Crohn's Disease (CD)
irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
short bowel syndrome
gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Barrett’s esophagitis.
Asit PanjaChief Scientific Officer
- Alissa Pharma is a new biotechnology company focusing on radioimmunotherapy with novel targeted antibodies for hematology and solid tumors.
- Alissa Pharma has a patented platform technology for the development of bispecific monoclonal antibodies combined with radioisotopes to address unmet medical needs in hematology and oncology.
- Lead Product: Ferritarg: 90Y antiferritin polyclonal antibody is ready to enter into a phase III trial. Originally developed for relapsed and refractory Hodgkin lymphoma by two well-known US institutions (Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and MD Anderson in Houston), Ferritarg has already demonstrated safety and efficacy in Phase I/II clinical trials in more than 300 patients.
- Alissa Pharma has secured the worldwide rights for Ferritarg in all radiopharmaceutical indications and the preclinical dossier is completed.
- The market potential is in excess of $100 million in US alone in this indication based on an estimated cost per patient of $60,000. The Orphan Drug Status for Ferritarg, already obtained in both Europe and the US for the Hodgkin lymphoma indication, offers a fast track regulatory pathway for approval and provides market exclusivity for 10 and 7 years in Europe and in the US, respectively, from the approval date.
- AMB8LK: 90Y antiferritin chimerized monoclonal antibody is in preclinical development for the treatment of pancreatic cancer (pancreatic cancer cells overexpress ferritin). Preclinical data indicated that AMB8LK has a very high affinity and specificity for human ferritin. AMB8LK, radiolabelled with 90Y showed 98% stability over 7 days.AMB8LK has a broad and well-protected patent estate. The product is ready to commence clinical trials. AMB8LK can also be developed in hepatic cancer and neuroblastoma.
- Alissa Pharma has an experienced management team with a proven track record of obtaining product approvalsin both Europe and the US and generating several successful exits. In addition to time, effort, and ownership, the management team has funded all of the expenses since the inception of Alissa Pharma
Dr Stephane ALLARDChief Executive Officer
Allergan is a $23 billion diversified global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. The company is anchored by strong and sustainable brand franchises, a leading global generics business, a premier pipeline, highly efficient operations and an experienced management team creating an unrivaled foundation for long-term growth.Brand Portfolio
The Allergan Brand portfolio features six blockbuster franchises in key therapeutic categories, including
- Dermatology and Aesthetics
- Eye Care
- Women’s Health and Urology
- GI and Cystic Fibrosis
- Cardiovascular and Infectious Disease
Supporting these blockbuster franchises is the company’s industry-leading U.S. sales force with extraordinary marketing reach and increased relevance with primary care physicians and specialists.
Ms Ellen LubmanVice President
Allovate is a specialty biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving allergy treatment by providing safe, effective, and convenient new options for allergy sufferers.
Dr Erick BerglundCEO
Allovate Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to simplifying allergy treatment. Allovate’s approach to allergy immunotherapy is built around the Allerdent® therapeutic platform.
Allerdent® is formulated as an easy-to-use, customizable toothpaste that incorporates and stabilizes the immunotherapeutic agents used to treat food and respiratory allergies. It conveniently integrates immunotherapy into an allergy sufferer’s everyday brushing routine. Allerdent® makes tackling allergies as simple as brushing your teeth.
Clinical investigations led by Allovate Therapeutics are developing this platform for the treatment of food allergies. Allerdent® offers the potential of a long-term solution for the 15 million Americans who have food allergies.
Allergy immunotherapy is the only disease-modifying allergy treatment, demonstrated to be effective in over 100 years of clinical use. This approach changes how the body responds to allergens over time by exposing the immune system to purified allergen extracts in a controlled way over a period of time. Our approach, oral mucosal immunotherapy (OMIT), is designed to overcome the challenges of existing approaches to immunotherapy. OMIT delivers immunotherapeutic agents to the areas of the oral cavity with the greatest potential for reducing allergy symptoms and a lower likelihood of side effects.